Monday 9 March 2015

Around The World in A Week with Big Picture Press

To coincide with the release of Maps Poster Book this month, every day this week we will be exploring a different corner of the globe. Some of our colleagues in the Dorking office have kindly written a blog post so you can find out a little more about  them, and where they are from!

Yontita Smith

Hello, my name is Yontita and I’m from the land of smiles – Thailand! :)

I was born and grew up in Bangkok, the capital city of Thailand. It is full of life and is one of the busiest cities in the world! Bangkok is also very well-known for food and shopping! 

Shopping in Bangkok is the best and I certainly miss it! There are countless air-conditioned shopping malls, clothing shops and every other variety of outdoors markets you can imagine. They are incredibly cheap too! 

However what I have missed the most apart from my family and friends is FOOD! 

Thai food has become very popular all around the world. The variety and combination of flavours with fresh ingredients all come from local markets. They are healthy and a lot of dishes are spicy! I also love and miss street food and I can guarantee wherever you go in Thailand you will never struggle to find exceptional food. It’s there for you 24/7!

Some of the top tourist places that you should visit when in Bangkok are, The Grand Palace, Wat Po and Wat Arun – beautiful temples situated by the 'Chaopraya River’ which flows through the city. If you fancy a bit of fun Kaosarn Rd is a must (featured in ‘The Beach’ film), and for shopping heading to Siam Square where most teens love to hang out. Chatuchak Weekend Market aka JJ market has over 3000 stalls and you will probably need a whole day there, shop till you drop! 

Other things that I miss are the amazing beaches and wonderful nature. I love my beautiful country and I’m very proud to be Thai. It always makes me smile when I hear people say that they love my country too, so all you need to do is to get yourselves out there and explore the Amazing Thailand :) 


Maps: Poster Book is available now from all good bookshops - put the world on your wall today.
Paperback 
9781783702039
£12.99

No comments:

Post a Comment