Wednesday 29 May 2013

WELCOME to our new PR manager - Laura Smythe

Introducing our new PR Manager Laura Smythe 



"I decided I wanted to get into publishing after University but I didn't discover my love for children's books until I started working at The Golden Treasury, a rather charming bookshop in Southfields, London. For about two years I had a brilliant time reading new titles, recommending to customers and buying in all of the children's books. This completely fuelled my desire to get involved with the publishing side and having organised lots of events and really enjoying them, publicity seemed like the perfect fit.


I was lucky enough to become Children's Publicist at Faber in 2008 and for four and a half years I worked across a range of titles and with authors such as the very beardy Philip Ardagh, Francesca Simon and Mackenzie Crook, to name a few. I am now very excited to be working for Templar and Piccadilly Press and currently reading through all of their fantastic new titles. The Testing and Drummer Girl are fab and I am looking forward to getting stuck into The Jade Boy by Cate Cain, which is clearly going to be a huge hit.

Plus I arrived to a big bag of Maltesers and some flowers on my desk - what more could you want?!"



No comments:

Post a Comment