Friday 15 February 2013

My week with Templar

Neave, age 16, spent her work experience week here at Templar Towers. Here are her thoughts on how the week went...
I’m extremely grateful to Templar for giving me the opportunity to spend a week with them, I got a great insight to how publishing works in a relaxed environment. Thanks to all the lovely people who helped me throughout the week. Some of the tasks I was set took a couple of hours whilst others lasted up to two days. Some days were creative, such as making posters for events and others saw me writing reviews on unpublished books. Also, I spent a lot of my time sending books out to magazines, radio stations etc. for reviews. I even sent one to a Hollywood film producer! Exciting! It was fantastic to be able to muck in with even the most basic tasks!

I appreciate the time spent by the Marketing team and a variety of other people to help me settle in and make sure I had plenty to keep me busy. What I have most enjoyed during my time was being able to sit in on a publishers meeting to witness how a book comes to life: From the initial idea to final product.

 I am very fortunate to have been able to spend a week here and have gained valuable skills, which, I hope I will take me into my working life. I found that the office was a pressure free and friendly environment. Everyone I met made me feel at home and welcome, which helped me to relax throughout the week, so I’d like to thank you all for this. Special thanks to Jayne and Emma for providing me with great jobs and making me feel very much at home.

Thank you very much for all your hard work Neave! We wish you all the best for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment