Monday 11 February 2013

Help for Heroes: Guest post by Paul Collicutt - Author of Robot City


You know you’re with a good publisher when you ask them for a few books for a charity auction and they get right back to you and say “Hey here’s a couple of boxes of £150 worth of Templar books!”

 That is exactly what happened to me. I’m taking part in a charity auction on February 16th organized by Cineworld in Brighton in aid of “Help For Heroes”. 




Last year I did a day drawing Robots in their Cinema Foyer and talking with people about Robot City as they queued up for the launch of “Avengers Assemble”. It was so much fun they asked me to take part in this year’s event. I thought….why not paint a picture especially for the event.

“Help For Heroes” is a charity that I support. Both my brothers used to be in the Army and I was always in awe of the way they coped with difficult situations…but don’t tell them that! They both served in the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers and they both wore the red and white Hackle on their caps. It was obvious therefore that I had to paint an image of Curtis The Colossal Coast Guard who sports a red and white livery.



I’ve blogged about the process of painting this image on the Robot City Blog on the Robot City website. The painting itself is 30in x 22in ( 762mm x 559mm ) and is in Acrylics on Illustration Board. It is finished off with a "Japan Gold Size " varnish.

The painting will be auctioned on the day in conjunction with an auction website and you can start bidding on it right now. Go ahead and pick up a bargain and support Help For Heroes at the same time. The auction website is now live! You can bid for the painting here. All the money goes to Help For Heroes!







Big big thanks to Templar and Emma O’Donovan for their instant support on this event…quicker than Usain Bolt. They got back to me within two minutes of me sending an e-mail…..and that’s just enough time to reflect on what a great publisher I’m with!


Paul  Collicutt

No comments:

Post a Comment