Wednesday 4 May 2011

NEW Teen novel makes waves! - Reviews for Swim the Fly by Don Calame















The following comments about fantastic teen fiction title Swim the Fly were made by members of Cardinal Wiseman School’s Gripped Book Club

This book is a wonderful (and rather disturbing!) insight into the
minds of teenage boys and is absolutely hilarious – I would recommend
it to everyone! Siobhan, aged 14


“Swim the Fly” is one of the funniest books I’ve ever read. I laughed
so much when Sean’s sister caught the boys wearing her clothes and
make-up!” Aleena aged 14


The author, Don Calame, sets up jokes really well, building comic
situations. Readers who liked Jeremy Strong books when they were
younger would love this book once they are teenagers. Bronya, aged 14


I wasn’t surprised to find that Don Calame has been a screen writer,
the story would make a really good film – I could really visualise the
scenes. Paul, aged 14


I thought the characters were funny – and not only the main ones – I
loved Grandpa! I would definitely read other books by the same
author. Nobody better try things like that on me!! Laura, aged 14

Check out the Don Calame website here ...




GREAT STUFF - for a proof to review please email emma.odonovan@templarco.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment